Collaboration through crowdsourcing

licensed under CC0, source: pexels.com
Recently, I've been thinking about how people collaborate using social media.

I've seen numerous friends use social media to find people, and I think it's really interesting how we've found social media to be a tool for finding resources.

Since I work in media, my friends and myself write news stories, sometimes where we need to find people to talk to that are outside our social circles. I often see friends trying to find people by tweeting or writing Facebook posts or Tweets about people they're looking to get into contact with. People will often respond, and then recommend a friend or reach out themselves.

I find this really interesting because crowdsourcing is becoming increasingly common in sourcing. It's a way of collaborating that allows people to recommend friends or find sourcing in a way where they might not come off as being so aggressive. Many of my friends who use this method also find quite a bit of success in it.

I think social media is turing more and more into a tool that allows us to communicate and collaborate, more so than just for entertainment purposes.

Comments

  1. I think you were spot on about your thoughts on social media. In the beginning it was really on meant to be for entertainment, but as time has shown, it is becoming very important tool in connecting with others for business. There are even companies that solely rely on selling their product through social media advertising. I am not sure where we would be today without social media. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah!
    I like how you kind of went outside the box on this post and shared some of your personal collaboration. The use of crowdsourcing has changed the way we connect with both people we know and do not know. Do you guys mainly use this for writing your pieces and getting in contact with other people? I think social media has always been a tool that allows collaboration more than an entertainment purpose. Great post, well done!
    Corey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts